Sunday 31 March 2013

Seeking redemption and Yorkshire puddings

This morning I attempted to find salvation at a church, I took the visit with my mum and sister to what can only be described as an evangelical sing a long. Naturally as someone who is uncertain I about religion I was identified immediately by the vicar/ leader as this. Now it is difficult enough to avoid someone's eye contact when they are looking directly at you never mind the eyes of Jesus Christ our lord and saviour.

Despite my uncertainty about religion I did feel something; though this is probably due to the fact I can't resist a good sing song.

I also learnt quite a lot about Easter Sunday. I learnt this chap called tom the doubter didn't believe Jesus could perform miracles until he saw the moved rock from outside of the tomb!

But ultimately I realised to I was not quite ready for redemption as I like to sin too much, but maybe one day, maybe one day.

Every Easter I struggle to make the connection between chocolate eggs and Jesus; this year is not different. Much worse is the connection between bunnies and eggs.

Also, Yorkshire puddings are the best thing in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment